|Umlani Bushcamp, a rustic yet exclusive lodge, accommodates 16 guests in cosy en-suite reed and thatch rondavels. Early morning and evening game drives are in open four wheel drive vehicles accompanied by experienced rangers and trackers. A traversing area of more than 10 000 hectares with over 40 mammal and 350 bird species, makes for an exceptional wildlife experience. Umlani makes the whole event personalised and specialises in escorted walks into this unspoiled wilderness. Umlani, meaning Place of Rest, was established in 1990 by Marco and Marie-Louise Schiess, in the central section of the Timbervati Nature Reserve, which is part of the greater Kruger National Park. The aim of Umlani is to offer our guests a true African adventure and long lasting memories. |
Attractions / Things to do
|- A one hour microlight flight over the Klaserie Big Five Reserve|
- Early Morning Balloon Safaris
- White Water Rafting Trips
- Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
- Monsoon Gallery and Curios Centre
- Horse Riding
- Ringetani Acornhoek Village Tour which includes tribal dancing, tasting of traditional African foods, visiting a Sangoma (Traditional healer), a traditional Shabeen and a local family.
|Services / Facilities|
|- 3 Meals per day|
- 2 Game Drives per day
- Optional bush walks
- Swimming Pool
- Overnight Treehouse
|Rates from R1815.00 - R2475 per person per night|
There are also 3 night and 1 week SPECIAL rates
|- If driving to Umlani Bushcamp from Pretoria, take the N4 from Pretoria to Witbank, which then joins the N12 from Johannesburg at Witbank.|
- If driving to Umlani Bushcamp from Johannesburg, take the N12 from Johannesburg to Witbank, which then joins the N4 from Pretoria at Witbank.
- Go past Witbank and Middelburg on the N4 (main route to Nelspruit and Maputo).
- After Middelburg take the Belfast turnoff off the N4 (there is an Engen One Stop on the RHS of the N4 just after the offramp).
- Turn left from the offramp and go into Belfast.
- Go past 1 stop sign before going into town.
- At the second stop sign in town (1 block after the Spar shop on the LHS), turn right towards Dullstroom.
- Go about 35km from Belfast to Dullstroom.
- Continue straight through Dullstroom to Lydenburg (approximately 50km from Dullstroom).
- On reaching Lydenburg, you will come to a T-junction where you need to turn left to go through the town.
- Go straight through town and past the Wimpy on the left.
- At the next stop sign after the Wimpy turn left.
- Go down to the second stop sign. At the second stop sign turn right toward Ohrigstad.
- Go about 50km from Lydenburg to Ohrigstad.
- Go straight through Ohrigstad and continue onto the JG Strijdom Tunnel via the Abel Erasmus Pass (approximately 40km from Ohrigstad).
- After the Tunnel continue straight onto Hoedspruit (approximately 40km from the tunnel).
- On entering Hoedspruit, go straight over the first stop sign, straight at the second stop sign, over the railway bridge and at the third stop sign turn right.
- Travel for approximately 7km from Hoedspruit and you will see a number of signs for lodges, as well as a sign for Eastgate Airport, to the left.
- Turn left towards Eastgate Airport and you are on the road into the Timbavati Nature Reserve.
- Travel 19km on tar and cross the Klaserie river, where the road becomes a dirt road.
- Continue for 10km on the dirt road and you will reach the Timbavati Control Gate. Please drive carefully.
- You will need to pay R80 for vehicle entry into the reserve and R100 per guest conservation levy. (Subject to change)
- After the Control Gate, travel past one turning to the right (with a large stone and concrete sign-post, like in the Kruger Park, indicating the direction to various camps).
- Turn right at the second turning to the right (again, there is a large stone and concrete sign-post, like in the Kruger Park, with Umlani indicated at the top of this sign-post).
- After about 30m there is a Y-fork in the road, with a wooden sign to Umlani. Follow the left hand fork (the one which goes almost straight ahead).
- From here, follow the wooden signs to Umlani, and these will lead you straight into the camp.