|Liz at Lancaster Guest House offers4 star luxurious bed and breakfast and self-catering accommodation at competitive prices. The seven units are set in an old established garden that offers a tranquil ambience, swimming pool and privacy from other guests. Craighall Park is located in the Northern Suburbs of Johannesburg and is central to business and shopping districts of Rosebank, Hyde Park, Sandton, Randburg, Braamfontein and downtown Johannesburg |
Attractions / Things to do
|Liz at Lancaster is very conveniently located for general access to local shopping and amenities. There are several local shopping areas within easy reach. The closest is half a block away. Major shopping malls all of which have restaurants, movies, bookshops, department stores are Hyde Park ( 5 minutes away) Rosebank with The Mall & The Zone (10 minutes away), Sandton City (10 - 15 minutes away depending on traffic). Craighall Park lies in the very heart of the green belt of Johannesburg with parks (Delta, Zoo Lake, the Zoo, Emmarentia) and is close to Parkhurst and Melville with their pavement-cafe ambience. There are 8 golf courses within a 10 km radius. |
There are many places of tourist interest conveniently accessible from Liz at Lancaster Guest House
• Constitution Hill with the new Court, the old Fort and the old Prison Buildings
• World Heritage Site, Cradle of Humankind (40 minute drive) and Origins Centre at Wits
• Apartheid Museum (next door to Gold Reef City and on the way to Soweto)
• Soweto - Soweto is a 40-45 minute drive
• Rosebank Rooftop Market: Sundays and Public Holidays only. www.craft.co.za
• African Craft Market, Rosebank: 7 days a week
• Lesedi Cultural Village: Live performances depicting Xhosa, Zulu, Sotho, Pedi and Ndebele
• Gold Reef City: Theme Park of early Johannesburg and early mining adjacent to the amusement park
• Rhino and Lion Park in the Cradle of Humankind offers the opportunity to see quite a wide range of African.
• Pilanesberg National Park: Home to the big 5 About 2 hour drive away.
• Pretoria - about 45 minute drive from Liz at Lancaster
|Services / Facilities|
|All units have fully equipped kitchenettes; work tables; own outside enlcosed courtyard; DSTV with own decoders; wi-fi ADSL internet access; own telephones with Telkom pay-as-you-go landline rates; secure undercover parking; on-site laundry services;on-site transport se. There are all the added luxuries like electric blankets, heaters, fans, hairdryers, towelling robes, radio clock alarms, etc |
|Single varies from R545 to R645 depending on the unit; doubel varies from R325 per person sharing to R370 per person sharing depending on the unit. Discounted rates for stays of 7 nights or more and 30 nights or more |
|Travelling north on Jan Smuts from Rosebank toward Hyde Park turn left at the Dunkeld Shopping Centre into Bompas Road. At the T junction turn right into Northumberland. Second left at circle into Clarence and first right into Lancaster. 79 is about 8 houses along on the right. (There are clear sign saying 79 Lancaster - no Guest House sign). |
OR from the M1 take the Corlett Drive off-ramp. Coming from town going north turn left up Corlett Drive; coming from Pretoria going south turn right up Corlett Drive. Continue to the top of Corlett Drive past Melrose Arch and Wanderers until it meets Oxford Road in a T junction. Turn left and get into the right hand lane immediately. Turn first right into Bompas Road. Travel all the way down Bompas Road over Jan Smuts and at the T junction at the bottom turn right. Follow directions as above.