| If you are looking for Umhlanga Accommodation, Crooked Tree cottage is a lovely 3 Star Bed and Breakfast/Self Catering accommodation establishment set in the heart of Umhlanga Durban, Kwazulu Natal, one of the premier holiday accommodation/tourist hot spots in South Africa! It is literally a stones throw away from Umhlanga Village with its Golden sandy beaches. Gateway Theatre of shopping is a 2 min drive away and Durban CBD and ICC are about 15 minutes drive. Umhlanga New Town Centre and the La Lucia Ridge office park are on our doorstep. It is close to both the M4 and the N2 highways making access to Durban and the rest of KZN extremely efficient. This makes it an ideal accommodation venue for both Holidaymakers and Business people alike. |
The accommodation consists of a 3-roomed cottage and 3 Studio suites, all of which are let as B&B accommodation most of the year. They are both, however, ideally suited for those of you who prefer to holiday on a self-catering basis. The cottage can accommodate 6-7 guests and the studio units can accommodate 2 sharing with Room 4 accommodating up to 2 adults and 2 small children
The cottage tastefully decorated and has a well-equipped kitchen and a spacious dining and lounge area opening onto a sea-facing balcony. There is a deck area with seating at the entrance to the cottage with barbecue facilities available on request.
* Room 1: King size/ twin bed, en suite shower, sea facing.
* Room 2: Double bed, en suite shower, sea facing.
* Room 3: Double bed, en suite shower over bath, private entrance.
* Air conditioner
* Tea/coffee stations
* DVD Player
* Wireless Internet access
Room 4, 5, 6
The elegantly decorated STUDIO suites are separate from the cottage and each has its own entrance. They have well-equipped kitchens and en suites. Each suite is furnished with a king size bed that can be split to 2 singles. There are various other pieces of furniture for your comfort. All units open onto a balcony with views over the swimming pool and out to sea.
* Air conditioner
* Tea/coffee station
* DVD Player
* Wireless Internet access
* 2-plate stove
* Barbecue available on request
For those of you who book on a bed and breakfast basis, Full English or Continental breakfasts are on offer. The freshest food has been sourced to ensure only the best quality of breakfasts. Fruit salads or platters are served with all breakfasts. Wake up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee every morning!
Attractions / Things to do
|In addition to being so close to gorgeous beachs, the cottage is 5 min from both the M4 and the N2 highways, giving access to almost anywhere in KZN.|
Gateway Theatre of shopping is 5 minutes away - shop your heart out or learn to surf at the wave pool - or better yet try your hand at the 27m rock wall. Or if you prefer a cultural experience, there is the Barnyard theatre and Art Noveau cinemas. All this in one centre!
Head for Durban - the ICC, 15 minutes drive.
- Ushaka Marine World, 20 minutes drive.
- Wilson's Wharf, Victoria market, The Royal.....
Head North to Sibaya Casino and try your hand at a little gambling. Or play a game of golf at the world famous Mt Edgecombe, or Zimbali Golf Courses.
There are excursions and safari's too numerous to mention, so come and spend some time in this paradise and try a few!
|Services / Facilities|
|All the guest suites are en suite and have TV's with comm DSTV. Alternatively there is a large common lounge area with DSTV. There is a lovely pool to cool off in. There is plenty of off street parking. All suites are fitted with air conditioners and ceiling fans.|
Breakfasts are full English or continental, you tell us!
Laundry will be done on request for a small fee.
Accommodation can be booked on a self catering basis -please inquire directly for rates.
|Our rates vary based on the time of year. But generally they are from:|
R475 - R600 ppspn B&B
R620 - R800 per single pn B&B
|DIRECTIONS - M4 (from Durban)|
1) Travel north on the M4.
2) Take the Umhlanga off ramp. (NOT the Umhlanga ridge mt edgecombe offramp)
3) Turn left away from Umhlanga Village up the hill. (Grace family Church will be to your left)
4) At the next traffic light turn right into Westridge Rd.
5) Follow the road around to the right and go the end of the road.
6) At the T-junction stop street, turn left into Hilken Drive.
7) Follow the road around to the right to number 39 Hilken Drive, Crooked Tree Cottage on the right hand side of the road.
DIRECTIONS - N2 (from Airport)
1) Take the N2 highway SOUTH to Durban and travel for approx 3-5 min
2) Take the Umdloti off ramp.
3) Turn left and continue 500m.
4) Take on-ramp to the right onto the M4 and head in the direction of Durban.
5) Go straight thru the Sibaya traffic circle and continue until the Umhlanga off-ramp.
6) At the traffic lights turn right and proceed over the M4 bridge and continue for about 300m.
7) At the traffic light (Opposite Umhlanga Manors estate) turn right into Westridge Rd.
8) Follow the road around to the right and go the end of the road.
9) At the T-junction stop street, turn left into Hilken Drive.
10) Follow the road around to the right to number 39 Hilken Drive, Crooked Tree Cottage on the right hand side of the road.
DIRECTIONS –N3(from Joburg)
1) Travel to Durban on the N3 through the Marian hill Toll plaza travel until you pass the Pavilion Shopping centre.
3) About 1-2 km past the shopping centre, take the N2 north to Stanger off ramp.
4) Travel for approx 10-15 min.
5) Take the Umhlanga/Phoenix off ramp.
6) Turn right onto the bridge over the N2 highway.
7) Take second off ramp-just past the arched white bridge-to Umhlanga Rocks Drive/ Umhlanga Hospital and turn left.
8) Go straight thru 2 traffic circles and follow the road to Royal Palm Avenue-approx 1 km past the second traffic circle-turn right.
9) At the water feature circle turn left, then first right into Pearl Drive.
10) At the bottom of Pearl Drive – the stop street - you are facing Crooked Tree Cottage, brown picket f